2009/1/8

FC103 Effective Feedback (1)

1. How do you feel about receiving feedback?
It is not easy to receive feedback from others especially when I am confident of myself. However, I prefer having feedback to being concealed to improve myself.

2. What kind of feedback has made a difference for you?
Direct feedback with evidences and suggestions has made a difference for me. I used to be a person who liked to be the focus of attention among friends or in the class. I was not aware of that I often interrupted others' conversation. One day, one of my best friends shared her observation on me and advised me that I should remind myself to keep my mouth shut and listen to others before I wanted to cut in others' talking again. It was harsh but I knew she gave me the feedback sincerely. Since then, it's been 14 years. Thanks to her, I have become a better listener and which helps me a lot in work and in coaching.

3. What is the purpose of feedback in a coaching situation?
The purpose is to help our clients to gain objective perspectives of their situation and help them to figure out a solution to change/improve that situation.

沒有留言: