2009/1/6

FC102 Perspective (2)


About six months ago, my director asked me to review my coachees’ working efficiency and quality. One of them had some problems to perform her job well. I have been supervising her for almost one and half year. I understood that this “job (not career)” might not be the most ideal one when she joined our team. She did not have a clear plan of future. She seldom had feelings of achievements in our work due to requirements for lots of quality and details in daily work. She was frustrated. Therefore I designed a plan of coaching my coachees (including the target one).

First, I asked her to bcc me all her e-mails that I could review her process and give her some advices for improvement. Second, we had pre-work meeting every Friday for discussing our work in the following week. In the meeting we exchanged ideas and experience for better practice. Third, we had monthly studying gathering for Harvard ManageMentor. In each gathering, we used ORID to discuss a scheduled topic. We shared our reflections and how to implement the learning in work. Last, the most important one, I had arranged three performance feedback meetings with her to help her re-frame her perspectives of this job: from “Reaction” to “Action”, from “Struggle” to “Challenge” and from “Doubt” to “Commitment”.

By the end of 2008, she has showed her commitment of this work and took action to improve working process without my frequent reminders and monitoring. She told me that in 2009 she would present a new image and continue proving her determination. I am very looking forward to it. ^^

3 則留言:

James Huang 提到...

A nice experience and thank you for your sharing!
James

Tina 提到...

Thank you for your feedback.

匿名 提到...

It's great sharing. Your new behaviors made your client having the great changes. Congradulations!!