2009/8/28

PT106 Respect vs. Invalidation (1)

Facilitator: Prabha Chandrasekhar
2009/4/15 & 22


What does respect mean for you?
- Taking care of ourselves – self-care (emotional and physical), what is good for me
- What kind of process we allow
- Setting boundaries, learning to say no
- Treating myself and client with love and dignity

Respect comes from internal and externally.
How we draw boundaries?

如果有一個人的信用卡爆掉了, 我們如何看待這件事?
- He might not respect the environment.
How do we do in helping this client?
- Asking the client how he feels about the situation? Would you like to change that?

Find the reason why they are saying “yes” to everyone? How come they do not say “no”?
- Afraid of that person not talking to him any more.

Why is so important to have boundaries?
When someone acknowledges you, what do you do?
- Thank them for acknowledging me.

What I do to invalidate myself?
- Messy car and messy room, over-used credit card…
- Use critical term to judge themselves
- Not standing up for my work situation (I talked to my supervisor and let her know that I care about the supervising meeting with her)
- I don’t feel good to share something I know when I think others know it. (It’s my idea that I would like to share and I feel good.)
- When someone acknowledge me, I did not accept it and say thank you and say “do you think so?” or “really?” instead.

If we invalidate ourselves, we would feel no energy. If we do something to change that situation, we could feel better.

沒有留言: