2009/7/24

AC 106 Peer Coaching (1)

Facilitator: Nick Bosk & Sherry Read
2009/3/4, 3/9, 4/1 & 4/8


Why is it motivating to you to have the accountability to make the action and change? (Something you want to do it but if you don’t you have to explain the reason.)
You could explore the experience from the peer coaching.

What do you expect from the coaching process from your peer coach?
- I would like to get some more clarity of my situation now. Just get different perspectives on it.
- Finding clarity of myself: values, goals, what do I want in my life. Uncover deeper aspect of myself. Provide me a sounding board and accountability and further help me to focus in one area, succeed and grow. (You are very common of yourself. It’s a great asset to others.)

As we begin, coach anyone and anything to get experience. When you develop your niche and your coaching personality, not every single person would be right for you. Maybe it is just the topic or the personality not right. We should listen what we feel and what we sense in that trail session. If there is underlying uncomfortable feeling, it is not good for both coach and client. We could ask clients of how they feel about the session. We could refer clients to other coaches in the ICA network.

Go through the whole process as client and begin the peer coaching.
Nick has a mentor coach and coaches other coaches as well.
12 sessions is for building up and experience the relationship.

Q: I started my peer coaching as a coach with an ICA client. Can we make enough money for 2-3 clients a day? Is there any business model for reference that we could be more efficient and to make more money?
- When you begin the new coaching process. You will find that you would spend less time for preparation later. You do need time to learn and practice, but you would be better.
- I take 10 minutes before the session for preparation, to put my coach hat on and change my perspective as a coach. After the session, 5-10 minutes, before I put it back to the file, I would write down some good and needed improvement (what could I do better in that session?). 45 minutes for a coaching session. There is a 15 minutes in the between to change the coaches.
- Merci would talk about how to streamline their coaching. They become a better coach and the coaching session is reducing to half hour from one hour. They could use 30 minutes to help clients to find new perspective and benefit from the session.

There is not a match every time for a coach and a client. Trial session could give us great opportunities to feel it.

Once we finish 8 sessions as client, we could start to look for an ICA client. ^^

沒有留言: