2009/2/4

Second Proposal (C5 - Your body speaks)

"What is second proposal?" It's not a book, not a movie but a true story took place four years ago. Right after I came back from honeymoon in Bali Island of Indonesia with my newly married husband, I got a second proposal. Until now I still couldn't forget that special moment. You may wonder "What happened? Don't you love your husband, Tina?" Yes, I love him very much because he is the one who gave me a second proposal.

Let's get back to four years ago. When I just got married, my husband was working for one of the top two advertising agencies, McCann Erickson, as an Account Coordinator. At that time, he was in charge of an important marketing event for Nestle to promote a milk powder for women. One day after the honeymoon, he called me. "Baby (That's me); would you please do my agency a favor? Pretend that we are not married yet and perform a proposal for marketing campaign. Journalist from TV station would come to interview us right after the show but they have no clue that it's fake." Since I was an active member in drama club in university, I thought it must be very interesting and said yes.

On that day, I had kept reminding myself not to laugh up my sleeve when acting. I asked my two closed colleagues to support me as passengers. Around the noon time, his colleague called and asked me to step out of my office building. They pass me a big glass of milk, made by milk powder produced for women, and asked me to drink it off. 750 cc was a lot and took me a while. When I almost finished drinking, I saw a diamond ring lying in the bottom of the glass. I was still pretending and asked his colleagues "Is it a lottery? Have I just won something?" Until the moment I saw my husband in his wedding suit with a bunch of roses appearing from the corner and walking to me with a big smile, suddenly, everything seemed so real and I just couldn't help tearing.

He took over the ring, kneeled down and asked the question, "Would you marry me?" I heard the noise from passengers, who didn't know the truth, yelling "Say yes!!" I heard my colleagues, who knew the truth, clapping their hands and shouting "Go, Tina." I heard my heart beating loudly which almost covered my voice. Surrounded by the crowds with congratulations and applause, I was so touched and said. "Yes". I forgot that it's fake. Afterwards, my husband told me when he saw me crying, he felt extremely nervous and it turned out like a real proposal to him. His colleagues did not expect that I was good in acting and the outcome was very impressive.


Now you must be very curious about my first proposal. It's another interesting story. If you are interested, I could tell you the other day. At last, I would like to share some reflections about proposal. Both of my experiences were unique to me personally. However, if you ask me whether it is necessary to prepare for proposal? I would still suggest gentlemen, who are planning to propose to your beloved, take some time to arrange that fabulous moment. You don't have to spend a lot of money but I believe she would be grateful like I am now. Maybe someday, she would also share her wonderful story with other toastmasters like I have just done.

沒有留言: